Absenteeism secondary to non work-related medical, surgical or psychiatric conditions constitutes a major source of direct and indirect financial exposure for employers in all industries.
BHN employs Registered Nurses, Masters prepared Rehabilitation Counselors and Physician Advisors, who can assist employers by providing the following:
- Review of objective medical information required to support disability
- Clinical information and functional requirements evaluated in conjunction with duration guidelines
- Review of applicable job descriptions compared to functional capabilities of the employee.
- Vocational rehabilitation services, including job site analysis, job site modifications and accommodations
- Review of medical records by Occupational Health Physicians
- On-site case management for consultation with treating physicians and employees to facilitate timely return to work
- Coordination of Independent Medical Examinations, when appropriate
BHN’s Disability Case Management program is designed to control costs associated with employee disability benefit by monitoring the medical necessity of the disability claim and/or request for leave under the FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act).
BHN can assist with ADA issues, including job accommodation and work site modification, as well as other medical or vocational issues relating to Short and Long Term Disability or Retirement Disability.